Such situations occur almost with every student: the essay is ready, all theses are formulated, and there are not enough thoughts for the last final phrases. How to finish the essay? Which words are best for the ending?
To successfully complete the essay, follow a few simple rules:
- Re-read the essay. In each of the paragraphs highlight the main ideas. Write them on a piece of paper and try to summarize.
- The literary form and persuasiveness of these thoughts can be given with the help of the following phrases: “In conclusion,” “In this way,” “So” and so on.
- Think about how you would act in the place of the hero. Write this in conclusion. This method works with almost all essay themes.
The logical ending in the argumentative essay
Now let’s look at a special case.
Here are the main points to remember:
- A reasonable, meaningful conclusion should contain no more than six sentences;
- Ask yourself where you agree with the author of the work or not. The answer to this question can be made in the conclusion.
- If you disagree with the author, it is better to refrain from harsh criticism.
- The most important rule is that one should not repeat the thoughts already expressed earlier in the conclusion. Finish with a generalization.
How to finish the writing exam
When you conclude a writing exam, you need to briefly summarize what was said at the end and thus link all the work with the read text. You can complete the final with these phrases:
- This text allowed me to confirm my opinion that friendship, in combination with love, contributes to the development of a person’s personality. In addition, the author managed to instill optimism in me. Now I still believe more that there is more good in life than negative things.
- After reading the article, I fully realized how fragile the museum world is, and the exhibits are short-lived. Let us together keep these age-old values for future generations.
We hope that you understand how you can finish the essay, and you will no longer have questions on this topic.